A dermal filler is an injection that can be used to fill in wrinkles or restore lost facial volume as part of a targeted, anti-aging treatment plan. A variety of different types of dermal fillers are available, offering varying degrees of potency to create your desired beauty results. Read on to learn more about the popular uses of dermal fillers and how they could help you reach your aesthetic goals!
What Areas do Dermal Fillers Treat?
Dermal fillers have a wide range of applications that can be used to achieve natural-looking results. These injections are especially helpful for enhancing beauty and shaping specific areas on patients’ faces, such as the nose, eyes, or lips.
Common Uses for Dermal Fillers in the Face
- Add volume to thinning lips, which helps erase the vertical lines caused by years of puckering, chewing, and talking.
- Soften deep creases.
- Plump-up sunken areas of your face (cheeks and temples).
- Redefine facial contours.
- Decrease lower eyelid shadowing.
- Reduce the appearance of recessed scarring.
Other Uses for Dermal Fillers
- Create a youthful look to the hands and soften the appearance of veins.
- Lessen chest and décolletage wrinkles.
- Add volume to earlobes.
- Restore the cushioning to the balls of your feet.
- Reduce wrinkles and firm the loose skin around your knees.
Common Brand Names for Dermal Fillers & Their Uses
There are a wide range of dermal fillers available to add volume and minimize facial sagging. Some of the more popular dermal fillers include:
- Restylane®: Made of hydrochloric acid, this dermal filler plumps your treatment area by absorbing about 1,000 times its molecular weight in water. Great for treating your nasolabial folds and marionette lines, improving your lips, restoring shape to your cheeks, rejuvenating your hands, and smoothing your neck. Results last between 6-9 months.
- Juvederm®: Popular dermal filler for treating wrinkles and sagging skin on your nose and mouth areas. Results are immediate and last up to two years.
- Belotero®: Line of dermal fillers that help to lessen the appearance of lines and folds in facial skin. Especially popular in treating lip lines, this filler blends into the natural structure of your skin, filling stubborn, etched-in lines and wrinkles. Results last six months or more.
- Revanesse Versa®: FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler used to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds by restoring facial volume.
- Radiesse®: Commonly used to treat wrinkles in the face, jowls, and hands, and lasts up to a year or more. It softens both moderate to deep wrinkles but shouldn’t be used on your lips.
Filler may last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, depending on individual factors like age, area treated, type of filler used, quantity of filler used, and lifestyle.
AspiraBody offers dermal filler injections that are quick and virtually painless. Results are immediate and patients don’t have to worry about downtime because there isn’t any! Dermal fillers subtly enhance your appearance giving you natural-looking, youthful results, customizable to your specific beauty goals. Contact AspiraBody today to book an appointment!