Be prepared for your CoolSculpting meeting by having some knowledge of the procedure and how best to prepare. CoolSculpting is a completely customized procedure, with outcomes dependent on the treatment area and your individual anatomy. CoolSculpting consults serve the following threefold purpose:
1. To determine if you’re a good candidate for the treatment.
Not everyone is a viable candidate for CoolSculpting. During your consultation, your doctor will assess your health history and current condition to see if you’re a good candidate for the treatment. If you have any health conditions, or are taking certain medications, your doctor may not recommend the treatment.
2. To determine if CoolSculpting is right for you.
Not every patient will qualify for every type of procedure. For example, some patients are good candidates for liposuction but not CoolSculpting. But other patients aren’t good candidates for either type of treatment, so it’s important to consult with a professional before scheduling anything. During your consultation, you and your doctor will discuss your goals with CoolSculpting. You should also ask any questions about the procedure that you have at this time. This works as an opportunity to clear up any misconceptions you might currently have about CoolSculpting.
3. To determine how many treatments you’ll need.
For some patients, just one session is enough to produce results. And for other patients, they may need more than one treatment session—even as many as three or four. So, it’s important that you receive a consultation before your procedures so that your doctor can determine the best course of action. At this time, you should also ask any questions about how long it will take to see results and what kind of maintenance schedule you should have.
Before Your CoolSculpting Consultation
Make A List of Questions
Make a list of questions that you will ask your doctor and write them down, so there is no awkwardness or forgetting to discuss something important with him/her. Keep in mind it’s ok if this is your second consultation and you’re still not certain about the treatment but be sure to get all your concerns addressed at this visit. If possible, bring a friend or family member along to take notes so you can focus on what the doctor says.
Frequently Asked Questions to Consider for Your List
• How many CoolSculpting treatments will I need?
• How long does a Coolsculpting treatment take?
• What areas can Coolsculpting treat?
• How much does Coolsculpting cost?
• Does Coolsculpting hurt?
• Can Coolsculpting be performed on pregnant women?
• How soon after childbirth can I get Coolsculpting?
• Will Coolsculpting work for me?
Medical Consent and Paperwork
Take note of any paperwork given to you before entering the office. They will have an Advanced Medical Consent form that you will have to read, print off, sign at your consultation visit, and bring with you on the day of treatment. This explains risks and possible side effects. Since there are multiple FDA studies being conducted at this moment for CoolSculpting, make sure your doctor is using either the newest or another variation of these consent forms.
At Your Consultation
A CoolSculpting consultation is designed to help answer your questions about the procedure and to determine your candidacy. Doctors use this time to:
• Address any questions you have about freezing fat.
• Discuss how CoolSculpting works and how it would work for your goals.
• Outline what to expect on treatment day and going forward.
• Explain the cost of CoolSculpting based on your individual anatomy and aesthetic goals.
• Look at before and after photos from treated patients to better help you set your expectations.
• Discuss next steps if you aren’t happy with your outcome.
• Familiarize you with our office process, practice, and staff.
• Outline a treatment timeline for freezing your fat.
Schedule Your Complimentary CoolSculpting Consultation Today!
Interested in the innovative CoolSculpting® Elite procedure? Contact ASPIRAbody office today for a consultation. Learn about the treatments in-depth to better ascertain if CoolSculpting is for you. Our team is dedicated to supplying treatments that promote rejuvenation and longevity! Contact us to learn more online or by calling 774-322-9855.