Urinary incontinence, an often-hidden struggle affecting millions, is a condition where control over urination is lost, leading to involuntary leakage. It’s a problem that can disrupt daily life, chip away at self-confidence, and limit social interactions. Despite its prevalence, many who suffer from it hesitate to seek help, partly due to the stigma attached and partly due to a lack of awareness about effective treatments.
That’s why we offer Emsella, a groundbreaking, non-invasive solution that is changing the game in urinary incontinence treatment. This treatment uses advanced technology to target the root of the problem – the pelvic floor muscles. Emsella’s approach is refreshingly simple and discreet yet powerful in its efficacy.
What is Emsella?
Emsella is a contemporary treatment for urinary incontinence that has been making waves in the medical community. It’s an FDA-cleared technology designed to help those struggling with conditions like stress incontinence, urge incontinence, and even issues related to vaginal laxity. What sets Emsella apart is its non-invasive nature – a stark contrast to traditional treatments that often involve surgery or long-term medication.
Emsella’s treatment takes advantage of High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic (HIFEM) technology. HIFEM generates electromagnetic fields that penetrate deep into the pelvic floor muscles. These fields induce electric currents within the tissues, leading to rapid muscle contractions. These contractions are termed “supramaximal,” meaning they are more intense than the voluntary contractions one can achieve through regular exercise or Kegel exercises.
These intense contractions have a profound impact on the pelvic floor muscles. Firstly, they lead to muscle hypertrophy, which means the muscle fibers grow in size and strength. This improvement in muscle strength is critical in providing better support to the bladder and other pelvic organs, thus reducing the incidence of urinary incontinence.
Secondly, the contractions help re-educate and restore neuromuscular control in the pelvic floor. Many cases of urinary incontinence, particularly stress and urge incontinence, are due to weakened neuromuscular control. By stimulating these muscles through electromagnetic fields, Emsella helps improve the coordination and timing of muscle contractions, which is essential in controlling urination.
Benefits of Emsella Treatment
Emsella’s treatment for urinary incontinence offers a range of benefits that extend beyond the basic alleviation of symptoms
- Improvement in Overall Pelvic Health: Emsella’s ability to strengthen the pelvic floor contributes to overall pelvic health. This can have positive implications for various aspects of physical well-being.
- Holistic Treatment Approach: Emsella treats the entire pelvic floor area, not just specific muscles. This comprehensive approach ensures a more effective treatment for urinary incontinence.
- Psychological Benefits: The improvement in urinary incontinence symptoms can lead to psychological benefits, such as reduced anxiety and increased self-esteem, as patients feel more in control of their bodies.
- Reduction in Urinary Urgency and Frequency: Besides reducing incontinence, Emsella can also help decrease the urgency and frequency of urination, improving patients’ comfort and convenience in daily life.
- Decreased Risk of Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Strengthening the pelvic floor muscles can help reduce the risk of pelvic organ prolapse, a condition where pelvic organs drop due to weak muscles.
How Emsella Works
Emsella procedure is characterized by its simplicity, comfort, and non-invasive nature. It’s a unique experience that combines advanced medical technology with ease of use, making it an attractive option for those seeking treatment for urinary incontinence.
- Setting and Preparation: Emsella treatments are typically conducted in a clinical setting. The process begins with a simple seating arrangement – the patient sits on the Emsella chair, fully clothed. There’s no need to change into a medical gown, making the treatment discreet and hassle-free.
- The Emsella Chair: Central to the procedure is the Emsella chair, which is ergonomically designed for comfort. This chair has the technology to deliver High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic (HIFEM) energy to the pelvic floor muscles.
- The Treatment Session: Once seated, the machine is activated. During the session, electromagnetic waves are directed towards the pelvic floor area. These waves induce deep pelvic floor muscle contractions. Each session typically lasts about 30 minutes.
- Sensations During the Session: Patients often describe feeling a tingling sensation and the pelvic floor muscles contracting during the treatment. These sensations are generally described as mild and tolerable. The procedure is non-invasive and painless for most people.
When To Expect Results
The Emsella treatment typically consists of a series of sessions, with many patients reporting noticeable improvements after their first few sessions. However, the full extent of the benefits usually becomes apparent gradually throughout the entire treatment plan. For some, the changes are subtle initially, with a gradual reduction in urinary leakage and increased control over bladder function.
The cumulative effect of the sessions will be necessary. As the pelvic floor muscles strengthen over time, their ability to support the bladder and control urination improves. This progression means that the most significant results are often observed towards the end of the treatment cycle or even a few weeks after its completion.
It’s also important to note that while some patients may experience quick results, others may need the full course of treatment to realize the benefits.
How Long Results Lasts
Clinical studies indicate that most patients maintain the positive effects of the treatment for about six months after the completion of their treatment series. This duration, however, can vary based on individual health conditions and the initial severity of the incontinence.
To ensure lasting benefits, it is recommended that patients have a follow-up consultation a few months after completing the treatment series. This consultation helps assess the need for any additional treatments that might extend or enhance the results. It’s important to recognize that the maintenance of these results is not solely reliant on the treatment itself but also on the patient’s lifestyle and health habits.
Adopting a healthy lifestyle is key to prolonging the effects of Emsella. Regular exercise, particularly activities that strengthen the pelvic floor, a balanced diet, and healthy habits, can contribute significantly to sustaining the treatment’s benefits.
If you’re looking to take a significant step towards addressing urinary incontinence and improving your overall pelvic health, Aspira Aesthetic Center offers a promising solution with Emsella treatment. This innovative and non-invasive approach can be the key to enhancing your quality of life and regaining confidence. Don’t let urinary incontinence limit your daily activities any longer. Take action today by scheduling an assessment or call the Aspira Aesthetic Center.